Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Because

We used one of the amazing free resources in our room this week.

I popped in the PDF that I had downloaded and read through over the weekend. I flipped through the slides and I watched the 'aw' of learning take place.

They kiddos were very excited to be using the computer and have the fun pictures on the screen. Engagement 100% - check! We dove in and the kids responded really well! He helped that it follows the same lesson plan format that we use so the kids flowed right into the the activities.

We were grooving along and learning. The kids were talking, moving their hands, excited, sharing in their learning, and all of this at 2:00 in the afternoon!

I started to hear some of my 'needy' kiddos shouting out- making vocalizations, like "ba, ba, ba", "ahh-tahhhh"' etc. This happens when they get really revved up and or over stimulated.

To help with these kiddos I had my aide (yes, I am blessed enough to have an amazing aide almost all day with my 26 Kinders). Sat on on one with Mr. ADHD to help his stimulus as well as to be his partner to teach to. He had more accountability this way and it was more individualized for him. Mr. Autism worked with me during teach ok and took a break during a couple of examples. I will get to review the parts of the lesson with him one-on-one during a conference time. Is time is built into our schedule daily to review and research the lessons from the day before.  I have loved using this lesson because (clap) I feel like I am getting the chance to collaborate with other WBTeachers.  I am able to take what Coach B has given me and use it in the way that my kiddos need.  It takes out on a large chunk of prep time for making all of my own visuals (which honestly, doesn't always get don and thus the kids are staring at my face).  I am thrilled to have the opportunity to incorporate this into our curriculum. 

We went through the first 3 steps. We did not fully unpack step 3, but remember we are 5, and it's 2 in the afternoon. At the end f our lesson the kids were all given a half sheet where the filled in _____ is ______ because ___________. They are loving using the because clapper in all of our lessons now! Each time we get ready for writing or some deeper thinking I tell them to put on their because clapper gloves and they do it!

I can't wait to share with you how the rest of the lesson/ PDF goes for us!



No comments:

Post a Comment